Hey there College Mate Readers!
We’ve been so busy with client work that we find ourselves in need of an extra article or two per month – and we want you to send them in.
Sure we could hire a journalism student to write for us. But instead, we decided to kick the New Year off with a Monthly College Mate Writing Contest.
The winning blog post is the one with the highest number of views in 30 days, so get your social media engines ready!
Chances are the first few months won’t have many submissions, so take advantage of it while you can.
Our content management plan makes room for only four articles TOTAL each month, so that’s a 25 percent chance of your published article being chosen. Chances climb even higher on months when we need to publish other pieces for clients and ourselves.
You don’t need to be a current student to participate. Check our website for topics we usually cover.
How to Submit
- If you haven’t already, follow or subscribe to our blog and Facebook Page.
- Send an email to alexischateaullc@gmail. Your subject line should say College Mate Monthly Contest: [and the title of your proposed post].
- Tell us about the story, idea, or article you would like to contribute.
- Once we give you the go-ahead (usually in 72 hours or less), start working on your post. Please see the criteria for our published pieces here.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but no more than one per email. If we loved your idea or submission and already hit our max for the month, it automatically becomes eligible for the following month’s contest.
- All entries must be submitted before the 20th of each month to be considered. The earlier the submission, the more likely it will get accepted and published that month. We only have four slots!
- There are no entry or submission fees.
- College Mate never accepts duplicate content, so if you’ve published your work on another blog or platform, we won’t accept it.
- We don’t accept plagiarized pieces. If we find out you’ve plagiarized someone else’s article, we’ll notify the original author and you’ll be banned from future participation.
- Sponsored posts are not eligible.
- Posts written or published by Alexis Chateau are not eligible.
- The winner gets US $25 in their PayPal account within 15 days or less. You must have a PayPal account to receive this. We will not issue checks or direct deposits.
- We pin your article to the top of our Facebook Page for 14 days.
- Your published pieces may be used as part of your portfolio.
- Authors of published pieces are all eligible for references from Alexis Chateau PR for school, freelancing, or an employer, should you ever need one.
Any pieces submitted to College Mate becomes the property of Alexis Chateau PR. You may re-blog the post via the appropriate button on WordPress but cannot duplicate the content on any platform – online or off. This does not include promotion on social media platforms to boost your views.
By submitting your content to us, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the rules.
Good luck – and happy writing!
18 thoughts on “Monthly College Mate Writing Contest”