College Mate goes to Vans Warped Tour 2017.
At 1,592ft, Cowles Mountain is the highest peak in the city of San Diego. The hike to the summit of Cowles is possibly the most popular hiking route in all of San Diego County, which makes an early start a requirement for weekend outings. Hiking to the nearby Pyles Peak is far less popular, and the perfect addition to a hike up Cowles.
Directions And GPS Tracks:
- To hike to the summits of Cowles Mountain and Pyles Peak, drive to 7027 Golfcrest Dr, San Diego, CA 92119. There is a small parking lot at the trailhead that fills up quickly, but residential street parking is also available.
- Download GPX
- See my track on Strava
- Distance: 6 miles (3 miles if only hiking to Cowles Mountain)
- Elevation Gain: 1854 ft
- Minimum Elevation: 668 ft
- Maximum Elevation: 1592 ft
- Time: 2-4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Dog Friendly: Yes, on leash
- Permit Required:
View original post 563 more words